View Single Post
Old 2008-07-19, 1:03pm
Resident hippie

I've been making beads for 8 or nine months. Last Friday I was at the studio and had made a bead. The kiln was just warming up and I was looking for the tub of vermiculite. I swung around and my hand wandered. Index finger straight into the torch. Wowowow what a fright. Got the bead into the vermiculite (naturally) and then finger into the water jar. Creamy white serious looking burn with black dots. My teacher put on aloe vera gel and a bandage. I've been doing that all week. Two days ago a layer of dry skin came off. No blistering - just quite a hard layer of dry skin protecting the tip of my finger. No pain except 2 or three minutes of throbbing and pain during the first hour or so after it happened. I did an emergency MAP (Medical Action Programme - http://www.perelandra-ltd.com/search.cfm?UserID=897584&jsessionid=2a30b8d0333b$1 F$8E$B) as soon as I sat down and I'm sure that helped too.
I find it incredible that such a serious burn healed so very quickly.
Yay MAP, Yay Aloe vera and Yay my teacher Ruzica.
I'm ready to torch again whenever I get the chance.

I did see the T shirt, something like - You will get burned, You will get cut, Be a Lampworker. . .

Beadanna