View Single Post
Old 2012-01-29, 10:51pm
Lover of Life

I'm so grateful to everyone for your words of encouragement, and I had a good feeling I would hear from a number of very creative souls who know just what I'm feeling. I have enjoyed reading all your suggestions, and just doing so is allowing me to take some of the pressure off and somehow know that it will all be back to normal sometime. I tend to go with the flow for most things in life... I have to be more willing to apply that here I think.

Rebecca, my kids are actually older now. My baby is 15 and my 21 year old has come back home "for a while" lol. It seems like I'm away from the house quite a bit, so I have this self-imposed parental guilt that sneaks over me when I'm home and locking myself in my own space away from the boys. They certainly don't need (and likely don't want) me doting on them... as an "invisible child" myself, I feel a need to let them know I like them and their company... that's more my issue than theirs, I'm sure!

Eileen, thank you for the suggestion on the exchange. I'm going to check it out. I have been watching the creativity challenge that's taking place elsewhere on the forum, and it is inspiring me also, and scaring me just a little... isn't that weird? There is a scene I drive by almost daily, that I want so badly to photograph and recreate in glass, but there is no place to park that I have seen yet. I may walk down there one afternoon because it's beautiful and tranquil, and might serve as just the catalyst I need.

Glass puppy, this is a great idea, and one that I have used in the past. My studio is in a state of disarray that makes me feel more obstructed than when it is organized, and yes, being in that environment with all the colors and tools is inspiring in itself. I will make sure I get studio time that doesn't necessary involve forcing beads out. In fact, now I am looking forward to it!!

And Neomi, thank you so much for the great link! Sarah really is the go-to girl for color inspiration. She has helped get me going in the right direction a couple of times in my lampworking history. I have browsed and browsed, and of course, bookmarked. Just looking at all that beauty is picking up my spirits.

You all are awesome!

"Your dreams are waiting for you to come true."