View Single Post
Old 2012-02-02, 3:48am

I've seen many a thread on this topic. I think I even started one...or two...but none were as well-worded as yours. I was in a slump for months myself. It may leave, but it always comes back. And yes, I am sooo frustrated at my lack of progression. I have way too much confidence when it comes to what I think I can do. I see beads and think "oh, yeah, I can do that", but when it comes to actually trying it, I suck! Way too cocky for my own good, lol!
Anyway, some people suggest making what you do well, then letting the thoughts come to you. I do this, then I get an idea to try this technique with a different glass, and then it's all screwed up! Lately, I've been making what I know...and feeling good about it. And I just leave it at that.
If you look around, most artists make the same stuff. Like Michelle (Boobiebeads) does her hearts and skulls and sugared beads, Kerri does her horses and butterflies, Astrid does her modern art looking beads....they don't all do everything. That's why I've decided to focus on what I know and what I like. And let the ideas come more slowly. All that rush of ideas can be a hindrance.
Good luck, you will be fine, I've seen your lovely work!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.