View Single Post
Old 2012-02-05, 8:35am
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

You'll think this is crazy, since you're already feeling time pressure, but it works for me. Take 20 minutes or half an hour a day, as many days a week as you can manage, for some kind of exercise. Walk, run, dance, play on the Wii, do a Tae Bo or Zumba video, SOMETHING that moves your body. Not only will it help you sleep better and feel better, it frees your mind from the incessant noise (one of my favorite books refers to it as "head monkeys") of daily obligations.

When I get creative block I'll head into the gym or out to the bike trail for a run, and I usually find that after a time ideas start to drift into my head - I've designed whole scrapbook layouts on a 5 mile run.

But also remember, creative block is a lot like insomnia - obsessing about it makes it worse. It's better to just get up and do something, anything, productive than to lie around and brood on it. What you DON'T want to do is make something that should be joyful feel like an obligation - so if you don't want to torch, do something else!

We all go through these times, hang in there!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
L-111

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.