View Single Post
Old 2013-03-24, 6:34pm
Borovangelist

It sounds like you maybe need to reposition the business a bit. Folks see the wait time you mention, but it's still viewed as a basic transaction: "I need an oxygen concentrator, I give you money, you give me the machine".

From the sounds of it, your business is really more like auto restoration where someone places an order, you find the junker to clean up and make pretty and serviceable then ship it out.

When you sort out how much you'd need up front, you need to cover the cost of the machine you're rehabbing and then collect the rest when it's ready. So in your case maybe it's more like 60% up front and the remainder on shipping, or whatever percentage is realistic.

From the sound of things, like you said, folks like the product, don't quibble too much over the price, but the purchasing experience is lackluster. So what it boils down to is managing expectations better. Like I said, folks are used to a straight transaction, but you're not really doing that, right?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|