Thread: dirty glass
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-21, 10:00pm
Lizard rescue squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbRose View Post
Brad,
Thanks for the info on Acetone. Maybe I'll swap out the alcohol in my push-top dispenser and just do Acetone....except, as you say, pretty flammable and more so than alcohol, I think. I'll have to ponder this a bit more.

That vinegar is sounding pretty good. But I'll for sure keep the Acetone handy in the arms-reach cabinet where it now resides. (My studio space is so small, everything's within in an arm's reach!) Cozy!

Thanks!
Barb
I'm a little late getting back to this thread.

Barb, what I said about acetone wasn't meant to be a recommendation for using it (although it kind of looks that way after re-reading it), it was simply an answer to your question about whether or not acetone leaves a residue on glass.

My personal preference for cleaning dirty glass in my studio is 91% isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol. Check the label for the alcohol percentage. The cheap stuff is usually around 70% alcohol. The rest is just water.

Brad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by glassmaker; 2013-04-21 at 10:02pm.