View Single Post
Old 2014-01-13, 11:57pm
Hat or Cake?

I'm sure you're right, Wendy, in that they can be copyrighted. There's a woman who sells at better shows around where I live and she proudly displays the fact that all of her bookmarks are copyrighted. She makes bookmarks that are beads on the end of a piece of softflex wire. She is very quick to tell you that no one is allowed to make bookmarks with wire and a bead on the end and if they do, they are violating the law.

I guess what I'm saying is, is such a right enforceable? Either practically or legally?

Are couture gowns and designer clothing considered art? I don't know, but I see almost-identical knock-offs pretty regularly. We know about companies like Pandora, Coach and Prada, etc., cracking down, but what are the chances that anything is truly enforceable with what most of us produce? I don't know.

It just seems odd to me that Bead&Button considers its audience to include small businesses/sellers, not just hobbyists, and yet they say you can't use anything they print in your business transactions.
Beth