View Single Post
Old 2014-06-11, 3:26pm

Default Got Milk?

Quote:
I reread my question and I realize I worded it wrong. I meant, single color, not streaking, "solid" shades be they opaque or transparent.

Mike, I understand to get more glass, we have to buy more glass. But I've held off on Effetre, and to a great point Messy because of the key word "tonality changes", and "limited edition".

I also think I'm not the only one complaining about this. Even the new color, you posted two paddles from the same batch. I know you said it was the single paddle in several tests, but it still evidently was enough that you felt it needed to voice the fact, different things can happen with that glass.

I'd love to see a return to new, or a return of older favorites that were consistent, doesn't streak, isn't "odd". Glass purchases this year has been a guessing game.

To help not make it a guessing game we now have the "Try Before You Buy Program". We try to put our newest colors for you to try. Sometimes the amount we received is very small and by the time you get a free sample and place an order, it might be gone. But, we have lots of new colors that there is a good supply. Let me say that a good supply is at least 500 to 1,000 pounds, and on many new colors, we have that amount.

Does it matter if a new color is just a tonality change? Some changes are large enough to call it a new color, even though it is like another one, it might be darker or light and that would be a new color....I think.

There are a large variety of corals, each is coral, and some may look like other productions while some are totally unique. One thing about coral, Effetre follows the same steps and minerals each time they make it, but as you know, there are as many different tonalities as Carter has Pills.

But New colors do continue to be made, some are winners and some are not. Some can be remade while others can not.

I guess the only way to stay ahead of this game is for us to buy all the glass that is being made and love them all.

Got Milk?
Nope
I Got Glass!

Mike Frantz

Frantz Art Glass Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Torch Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206