View Single Post
Old 2008-10-03, 9:41am

pulling it thru...

ok, it's right side out. Time to sew all the way around about 1/4" from the edge starting with that same short side to the left of the carrier. Stop when you get back to your starting side because now you have to sew your raw open edges closed AND catch your TIES in this last seam.

OK, messy spot here. This is that fourth side where you are going to have to close the part you left open to pull your project thru. Just go slow. You are tucking in raw edges and catching your ties in the seam.

See how smooth it looks after I've tucked the raw edges in? This is great! You are ready to just sew over it, being sure NOT to forget to place your ties in the seam.

That's it.... your rod carrier is done. You can also make tool carriers by sewing your pockets wider... can make boro carriers by making it taller.... OR frit holders by just sewing lines of elastic across with little pocket seams.

NOTE: THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR THIS TUTORIAL. LE HAS BEEN SUCH A GENEROUS AND GIVING FORUM THAT THIS IS MY GIFT TO ALL OF US. MAKE'EM.. SELL'EM... I DON'T CARE. THIS IS YOURS TO DO WITH AS YOU SEE FIT.

All the best,

Sue
and the present is a gift.

Last edited by Sue in Maine; 2008-10-03 at 10:00am.