Thread: Devardi cracks
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-19, 2:34pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drafly View Post
I hate to see old topics from this thread revived. I think it would be more constructive to move on. Just my humble opinion.
Jim
They aren't old topics if there was no resolution. They'll remain an ongoing topic until there is resolution. Some have made personal resolutions to never purchase Devardi glass because of the old, yet ongoing topics. It is only truly constructive to move on if the initial problems have been resolved. Apparently many believe that the glass quality is improving. One hopes that with more sales the Devardi staff are reaping the benefits in increased wages, and better working conditions. What hasn't changed is the owners, who, IMNSHO showed their asses SO BADLY that I don't blame them at all for not wanting to face the firing squad ready to do them in. However, turning tail, deleting their posts, and never darkening the LE doorway to make amends, DID cost them a great deal of business.

And before anyone says "they were badgered into defending themselves", that's your perception, and even if that were the case, defense doesn't necessitate offensive, snide, and vindictive behavior.

I, personally, saw honest questioning; I saw reasonable hesitance to buy into the "it's the greatest thing since sliced bread" that was being voiced by newer members; I saw apologies; I saw more honest questioning; I witnessed "off the charts nastiness" from the owners of the company directed at who I assume they should consider to be their target audience. Many saw what I saw. Your perception may differ. The bottom line is simple. People like to spend their money with people they like.

I don't give a hoot whether or not Devardi is here to stay. Who cares? What I do care about is how Devardi's staunch supporters seek to discredit, and demean, anyone who doesn't agree with them.

As far as the glass goes...

I think some of the colors are pretty. I think Jack has made some pretty beads.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...

Last edited by chrissij; 2009-11-19 at 2:49pm. Reason: Defence and Defense are both right? Huh?