View Single Post
Old 2013-07-26, 10:44am

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofswords View Post
I used to do Porcelain lace draping and wonder if it is a similar method. Pure cotton lace was used. It was dipped in porcelain slip and then the slip was forced through the cotton and cleared of excess. when the object was fired, the cotton burned out and left the porcelain lace. that is how the lace is done on those lovely Dresden figurines. It is extremely delicate though and does not hold up to pressure well.
I would guess it was this technique too - I have some old Dresden Dolls where the skirts of the doll were actual fabric dipped in porcelain.

But looking closely at the photo I'm wondering if it isn't just fiberglass threads?

I used to crochet doilies w/ cotton thread and you have to make some very small, tight knots to get it to look like this with a tiny crochet hook so the thread would have to be extremely flexible and not break for it to work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Handmade Murrini Chips, Glass Beads, & Lampwork Tutorials