View Single Post
Old 2013-02-17, 1:12pm
They see me rollin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperT View Post
Yes seriously a Pole Barn with cement flooring and insulation. And bigger than you think you need for all that stuff. You'd be surprized how fast the room gets taken up.
The thing is, the horses need shelter in the pasture, and a pole barn won't work for that. A pole barn AND loafing sheds are just not in the budget. But I think I can swing the loafing sheds and one more shed for the studio.

I had a great time at the farm expo! I talked to one guy who builds all kinds of sheds and pole barns, and he said that he couldn't do it any cheaper than S Bar S. He also has a longer wait time.

Whenever I try to talk with anyone about a pole barn instead of a shed, I can't seem to get any answers.

Plus, a pole barn would need a cement floor. I would also have to figure out how much that would cost. A pre-made shed comes with a floor and can even be moved later if needed.

I also need hay storage. I'm thinking of getting a carport with sides and using one side for hay and parking in the other side. Carports seem to be really cheap.

I really appreciate all the input! I think we are actually going to go to S Bar S today and order the loafing sheds et al. But I think I will ask them about the pole barn vs. shed thing first. They also build pole barns, so they should know about what they cost.

Thank you!
-Patti

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Patti