View Single Post
Old 2013-02-23, 12:30pm
They see me rollin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by houptdavid View Post
When I said "POLE BARN" I meant that type of structure not necessarily a "BARN".
I still think if you look at the different configurations of pole buildings and combine the carport and studio you will save money in the long run, you will want power in the carport if for nothing more than a light and a battery charger if the need arises.
Yes, I thought that was what you meant. I wasn't necessarily going to store the hay in the same space as the studio. Thinking back to lots of farms that I have seen, they often have an overhang off of a metal building or barn where they store their hay and tractor.

I'm still considering what to do. For now we have just ordered loafing sheds and a small shed for tack and feed. One step at a time!

I just really like the idea of a separate shed for my studio, like a little cottage. I think I'll call it a "glass shack" instead of a shedio.

That is correct that I will probably need power to the carport, if I get one. I'm thinking there might be room for a carport on the left side of the house, which would put it near the power pole and I could just run power from there.

Another possible use for the carport (ideally closed on 3 sides) would be a space where I could do messy things like cut wood or mix cement out of the elements. I'm very interested in decorative concrete, but was thinking that it could get really messy, and I don't really want cement dust in the glass area.

Hmmm, lots to think about!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Patti

Last edited by Magicfire; 2013-02-23 at 12:37pm.