View Single Post
Old 2007-01-22, 10:24am

Well, as I said, I guess I need (and received) a reality check.

I still can't wrap my mind around such low prices..something I clearly need to get over.

Lots of great points here...BonnieR, I agree that the flexibility and working conditions of home are very, very enticing. I also agree with Ro that some artists are underpricing which results in customers who expect rock bottom prices.

I understand that pricing is a very individualistic thing, that many formulas (or none at all) are used. I understand that reputation and feedback are part of the equation.

Am I at least correct in noticing that prices have dropped, generally speaking? Am I correct in believing that the "hobbyists" are setting their prices so low that it's effecting those of us who truly wish/need to earn a reasonable profit? (Again, I am NOT posing these questions to be hurtful to anyone.)

I had no trouble selling my beaded jewelry at decent prices. Problem is, I don't ENJOY making jewelry and would like to stick with my true passion - beads. Yet, it seems much more difficult to sell loose beads at a good price.

If nothing else, thanks for indulging me in this "thinking out loud" opportunity!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.