View Single Post
Old 2007-01-22, 10:41am
Shine your bright side!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisi View Post
I have always made simple round beads with frit or stringer swirls, and usually sell them for around $1.50 a bead. I know it seems low, but they sell a lot better this way. If I increase my prices, I lose bids.

I'm moving away from "simple and classic" designs to the pressed types, and oh yes, I will be charging more for those. For now, I do make "mini-tabs" with a brass masher, and they sell for twice the price of the rounds. My customers love the rounds so I will continue to make those and eventually just list them in my store at set prices, and the website for custom request prices, which are generally higher. Still need the website though...

I don't want to stop making the rounds as I continue to grow and do "fancier" shapes and designs, because the buyers still want them. I get criticized for not increasing my prices, but hey, I gotta make a living and they are selling this way. My beads don't take hours to make just one, so...
Lisi, you are right on target with how you market your beads. When you have to pay bills and feed yourself, a bird in hand is much better than 2 in the bush.
You probably can make 2 round frit beads in the time it takes me to make one because of your skill and proficiency.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Website!
"When you discover your mission, you will feel its demand. It will fill you with enthusiasm and a burning desire to get to work on it." - W. Clement Stone