View Single Post
Old 2009-03-18, 9:05pm

The horse I used to have was a standardbred mare - as much as I hate to admit it she was pretty barn sour at times, and I would laugh when people would see her racking like crazy trying to get me to loosen the reins, and compliment me on how pretty she was. I always rode her bareback or just with a pad. When she started getting real ornery there were times I was just working at staying on. I thought I was going to be moving to Utah and she had some age on her, so I gave her to a young teenager who was the only person in her family who didn't have a horse. Went and saw here 1 and 2 years later and she looked terrific. I will never regret rehoming her even though I didn't move to Utah as originally thought. The link below my signature goes to my friends site. She is the sister of my BFF up in Washington State. I was lucky enough to get to ride Cazar - bareback and with a halter only. It was like riding a recliner! They had an extremely popular horse, Hostal, who passed away right around the time their Mom passed.