View Single Post
Old 2021-03-10, 9:43pm
Slogan Challenged...

I like their tools and have quite a few. One day I want to get a few more of those strange rollers and do a chess set or something.

I've been tempted by some of the colors, but going by past experience, I would get the thinner rods they call stringers, that are the same size as regular rods (4-5mm). Not sure if I can use them with the other 104, so I haven't bothered yet.

I got my hoses there for both the single fuel & duel torch setups. I didn't like their version of the hothead torch, I've had several of theirs before getting a "real" one.
I had LOTS AND LOTS of trouble with the propane regulators which tended to leak, and there was good customer service so I was able to keep returning them, Bad batch? who knows. I ended up getting one from Frantz, at twice the price, but that has been 3 or 4 years and still going strong.
They have lots of cool stuff like metal frits and foils, and it's the only place I can find raku 00 powder without having to buy bulk.
I have a couple of their little presses but never used them. I wished that I had gotten some of the little flower ones, all the ones I like tend to be out of stock whenever I look.

So, mixed experience. The customer service makes up for a lot of it, except for anything to do with the glass. For the glass.....eh, get what you paid for but the "stringers" are almost the same price as "regular glass"....some of the colors still interest me, but not enough to get me to fiddle with it. Starting out would be different, just bear in mind that all glass will work a bit differently, and it's up to you.

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Etsy: