View Single Post
Old 2008-08-15, 8:13am
PyronamixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catt View Post
Hi Kim

Do you have any insight as to the other colors that will be available?

I love the name "cricket".

Thanks Scott for all the input you gave after trying them out.

Thanks, Catt
Hey Catt!

I missed seeing you, Fred, and Pebbles this year!

I believe that GTT can powder coat the torches in just about any color. I don't know which ones can have sparkles, though. I'll ask what's available.

I'm glad that you like the name "Cricket!"

At first, the guys were thinking about calling it the "Chipmunk." There's nothing wrong with that, it's a cute name and I thought a logo with a Chipmunk holding a bead would be cute (btw, so did Wally - he thought of the same thing, too, independently). But, there was just something about "Chipmunk" that didn't click for this torch. They might use that name "Chipmunk" for a future torch. I don't know.

Anyway, when I was testing the torch out, I just started calling it "cricket." I thought that that little torch sure could "sing" like a cricket - you sure could get a lot of heat out of something so small - just like how small little crickets can chirp so loudly. I mainly just liked the sound of "cricket." Well, Willy liked the way it sounded, too. So, Willy talked to Wally and they went back and forth about it and eventually, Wally liked the name, too, and that's how the Cricket got its name.