View Single Post
Old 2015-10-03, 9:31pm

Well to the OP, though I am NOT at the Mary K level flower implosions OMG teach me!

Yes it's possible to make a decent profit off/living off boro glass work. I started 4 years ago and this is all I do now.
When I started I sold my I'm just learning pieces at 15.00, and have raised prices since then reworked a lot of stuff in between...not on schedule just felt like my skill was higher, my views higher, my photos OMG better, maybe next item needs to cost more... Average pendant is now like 30.00 everything larger is 45 plus and I'm on the cheaper side still...and icicles are SO going up soon.

Making a living at being an artist isnt Just being good at your art...it's marketing, it's perfectly photographing your item, it's customer service, it's SEO, its webdesign, its book keeping Fees lordy understanding the Fees let alone taxes, inventory, its whole selling and/or hitting up the shows. There is a Ton of Other stuffs one doesnt even think of when the Mind goes Gee I wonder if I could be...... It's NOT impossible. It just takes work, and IMO after watching so many artist flop on its this biz side stuff its not the art that hurts them but this small stuffs but again it's NOT impossible just is more things to learn then I'm betting your thinkin about atm.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.