View Single Post
Old 2014-08-29, 1:29am

Yeah, I am basically feeling the same way lately. Double Helix clears are great, and I use them almost exclusively, but they are so expensive. Effetre's clear is crap. I had a batch of Vetrofond Super Clear from the Frantz Fun House from awhile back that wasn't too bad at all - so that's the only one I might use as a back up. I am not fond of Lauscha, and even CiM (which I love otherwise) has clear that doesn't work for me.

It seems that lately, Effetre has gone downhill. Glass colors that I never had issues with before are becoming inconsistent, shocky, full of holes and dirty. Some even have cracking problems where they haven't before (ahem, RUBINO). It seems that the prices of handmade colors go up, but the quality goes down.

CiM's colors are still pretty good for me, but I even have issues with them on occasion. I thought maybe it was just me, but maybe not.

I've made a vow not to buy any more glass (other than staples like clear and black) until I use up some of the huge amount I have. Maybe by then, quality will have gotten better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.