View Single Post
Old 2015-01-21, 10:43am
Flame Dames Rule!

I use bike spokes to display my beads at shows, with separators cut from aquarium tubing, but haven't tried them as mandrels.

I don't know how the metal would hold up in the flame, and there's the loop at the end and the screw grooves in the other - things that might get in the way of removing beads. If you were going to cut those off and the steel worked in the flame, old bike spokes would be a great resource.

But it might cost the same in time and money to just buy a big mess of stock from a welding supply. The last time I bought spokes from a bike shop they charged me 50cents each and I had to clean off the grease. My best find was a discarded wheel at a recycling place, got tons of spokes from that, BUT had to go to a bike store to buy a special tool to remove the damthings, cause it was a European bike.

If you can make it work, please let us know?

*sharon*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sharon Peters
New Bead Display Stands Available - pm me!

Specializing in Critters and Puns and other Cool Stuff...

Last edited by SharonP; 2015-01-21 at 10:46am.