View Single Post
Old 2008-12-28, 4:41pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrr View Post
Add me to the list also. If I buy something it's mine, plain and simple. If you don't want me to have it, keep it and don't take my money for it.

Don't sell me exact, step by step instructions to something and expect me not to follow those directions exactly or with restrictions, UNLESS you tell me this upfront, in writing on the tutorial, before I purchase it.
No one has said you can't follow those instructions. However, the assumption you can sell the product deriving from the instructions IS NOT YOURS TO DECIDE WHAT TO DO WITH unless you change it significantly and/or get written permission from the design holder.

The whole point is, Starrr, no one has to tell you that restrictions exist. Every single tutorial and bead design comes with such restrictions unless otherwise noted. It's called copyright law. You don't have to agree with it (and you've said clearly that you don't) but that won't change reality. What you need to get from tutorial authors is specific permission to sell the beads they've designed and then taught you how to make.