View Single Post
Old 2010-04-27, 8:02pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Quote:
Originally Posted by gubnavnania View Post
1 thing that I found out that Laucha clear doesn't really like to be mixed with other clear (moretti/vetro). I got more cracking beads when I only use vetro/moretti clear as core then encased the whole beads with laucha clear.
Hmm, I don't think I mixed the clears. I think I made one with a little bit of lauscha clear on the end, picked up the goldstone, melted in and double encased in lauscha clear. The other was made the same way only this time I used moretti super clear as the base and double encased in the goldstone with moretti clear. The stringer is left raised. Maybe I'm just burning off the sparkles. I am making a big bead and am worried about keeping the bead warm so it doesn't crack. Probably should apply the goldstone as the last step instead of doing the feathering at the bottom as a last step.

Patsy

Ebay:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.