View Single Post
Old 2018-02-21, 8:06pm

Default Values of Nortel Torches

Hi all,
Just a few weeks months ago I was positing about my search for a first torch and was leaning towards a gtt. I hadn't really given Nortel torches much thought, but Dustin Revere recently put out a review of the major/minor torch and it got me thinking. On eBay there's two torches I've come across:

First is a Nortel redmax for $375 buy it now. Just the torch with a marver, no hoses or accessories.

Next is a major minor up at a bid of $200. This one also has a marver as well as hoses and regulators. I think I could perhaps contact the buyer and make an offer for around the same as that redmax (maybe a little less). Which do you think is a better deal? Is the redmax a far enough superior torch that the extra expense for hoses and regulators would be worth my while?

It seems I'm flip flopping a lot on my possible torch decision but the more I think about, the less I think I will want to/be able to get one torch and upgrade later, so I'm thinking cost-wise a Nortel torch will get me the most flame for my money.

Thanks for any opinions!