View Single Post
Old 2006-08-27, 11:09am
one day at a time

Default Generator and torch problem, really stuck....help please??

I have asked these questions before and had not received any answers. Maybe someone will chime in this time.

I am the only person (it seems) on this planet that owns this generator: Airsep AS-12A, (high pressure model) This is a real generator, not a beefed up concentrator. I swear, no one else has one on these boards (LE, WC!) so I can't get any good advice.

I contacted the sales person that I got the machine from and told this person that I wanted to upgrade to a hotter torch than my Bobcat, and needed to know if this machine could do the work. It puts out 15lpm (I think, not sure) at pressures as high as 18psi, with the usual range up to 15psi.

Problem is, I think this person is just trying to sell me another machine. I was told I would need another one to run a Lynx! Bullshit, I'm not that stupid! Back in the day when I bought this thing, it made the OG15 look like a puff of wind, and also replacing parts on it would be less expensive and easier. Humidity, not a problem, that's another reason why I chose this model over the OG15.

I paid $2400 for it near three years ago. If I had known that these nowadays high power concentrators were going to be available, I would have waited and saved a hell of a lot of money.

So, you see, I can't get anywhere with a salesperson that I truly believe is trying to just sell me another $$$ machine rather than give me advice on a higher upgrade torch. Like I said, a red flag went up when he said I would need a dual set-up to run a Lynx. I'm not a dummy.

I really am curious to know if a Barracuda, Cheetah, or a Midrange Plus would run well on this machine, but the only way I will ever find out is to find someone close to me that I can take my generator to and try it out. I'm pretty sure that if I wanted a real biggie torch like a Phantom, I would use the center fire with the generator, and tanks with the outerfire, That is just common sense.

I don't know what else to do. Buy a torch, try it out and send it back if it doesn't work up to par??! I'm stuck...