View Single Post
Old 2017-06-29, 1:26pm
Millionaire in Training

I have the blue sludge too and I use water and rubbing alcohol to rehydrate it. Someone told me about using the rubbing alcohol. Also, my tap water is very hard. When I rehydrate it, it becomes kinda chunky and takes a while for it to smooth out. I've rehydrated that jar so many times I couldn't even say. Nearly every time I need to coat my mandrels, I have to rehydrate it as I live in Arizona - land of the super low humidity - so it is usually a dried up chunk when I open it. I can smell the alcohol in it when I open it up, so somehow the alcohol lasts. You might try alcohol.

Also, are you letting your mandrels dry long enough? If you coat them, you have to let them dry thoroughly,like for a few hours or put a fan on them. Also you mentioned dipping them several times to coat them. I've been told you should only dip once. I swirl mine in the center, so I swirl until they are completely coated. I was told by an instructor to never dip multiple times.

I even shake off the excess bead release back into the jar.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.