View Single Post
Old 2005-09-11, 6:08pm
Gentleman of Leisure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracked Baubble
what are your thoughts? Pros Cons??
Have you used both? can the concentrators/generators be stored outside? how much space do they take up? How often do you have to buy compressed air? (at least from what I think I'm understanding is they need compressed air, they don't actualy pull air right?) where do you get air and how much are you spending on it?

sorry I'm so full of questions.... feel free to just post a link and move on or tell me I'm in over my head! LOL
A concentrator should not be stored outside. Their real enemy is humidity. It kills them faster than anything else. Always keep concentrator indoors.

As for size the are typically 12x16x28 inches (DxWxH)....

A oxygen concentrator produces oxygen at the rate of 4-5 LPM (liters per minute) at a working pressure of 5-7psi (pounds per square inch).

Small oxygen concentrators contain their own compressors, and draw room air in and filter the nitrogen out of the air and produce oxygen somewhere near 97% pure.

Large, high volume (commercial application) oxygen generators "may" require a external air compressor depending on how unit is designed.

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal