View Single Post
Old 2005-06-17, 3:06pm
Glassy Lady

I am currently working mostly on my GTT Lynx, but I have worked on the HH, Nortel Minor and the GTT Bobcat. I have to admit, I still set up my HH on occassion because there are things I can do on it that I can't seem to be able to do on my GTT torches.

The Minor is a great beginner torch, though I preferred the Bobcat to the Minor. The Minor has a narrow flame, not a bushy flame, though it is impossible to focus the flame to a very small pinpoint, when I turned the torch down to a very small flame, it became very soft and unfocused. It is a good torch for soft glass, though Boro is very slow on it. It is easy to do reduction on it.

The Bobcat burns hotter than the Minor. I could easily do boro beads on it. It is also great for soft glass. I could focus the flame to almost a pinpoint. The flame is narrow and not bushy. Reduction was harder on the Bobcat than on the Minor, though it is adequate for most reduction applications. All in all, it was my favority small oxy-propane torch.

I now work on a Lynx, which is basically a souped up Bobcat. It does burn hotter than the the Bobcat and I can focus the flame to a tiny pinpoint. I can easily work with boro or soft glass on it.

Hope this helps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BHB/PANDORA EXCHANGE IN THE PATIO