View Single Post
Old 2005-11-24, 6:49am
used to be Moretti 4REAL!

Thumbs up YAY! Figured it out.....by searching posts here and on WC!!

For anyone who has this same issue, here is the solution:

The propane was set TOO LOW, and that was why the flame was uneven.

After brushing the SNOW off my propane tank, and connecting my hose, I upped the propane to 10 on the regulator, and lit a flame. I used two oxycons set to the lower number (3.5 ish) recommended by Melissa

Then I watched it burn evenly for 10 minutes, with no fluctuation at all.

NOW, I just have to wait until my husband gets up and then I can spend a couple of hours at my torch until we have to go to Thanksgiving dinner.

Oh, and about the lower temperatures and Oxygen Concentrators: I went to the Boston Chapter meeting last Sunday in Worcester. I spoke with a medical equipment fellow there, and asked specifically about oxycons and low temps. He told me that it is fine to leave it out in the garage, even in low temps. BUT, the machine wouldn't turn on at any temp lower than 40 degrees Fahrenheit. So, I have a heater, and a thermometer, and I watch the temp in the garage while I work. He also recommended weekly cleaning of the filter since it is the garage. But, other than that, there were no concerns regarding the "inner workings" of the oxycon.

I hope that helps out somebody with similar questions down the road. I'm glad there are these forums that we can search and find some suggestions to our common issues. Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!!

-Angela