View Single Post
Old 2014-01-09, 1:30pm
...displaced ocean lover

Red face If there is another thread or info please post link ;-)

Re-doing my studio and the vent system has GOT to be improved. At the moment it is soooo junk-yard-rigged-looking that I'm desperate!
(Please note I have NOT said something crazy like "Money is no object".
I have only found this thread and this:
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ht=ventilation

I like Dales idea! And I really want to ASK!

I have a fan and ductwork but now I'm wondering if I have the right kind of fan. I thought I just needed to exhaust the fumes? My fan pulls the smoke from the match when I light the torch...so I thought that would work?

Will one of these work better?

http://cheaphydroponics.com/store/ve...ns/cat_36.html

What IS a "gas rated fan" anyway? (Please don't be super technical). Can I get one at Lowes or Home Depot?

I would like a hood of some sort to mount on my table...is that possible?

Yes, I've been lampworking for years now and yes, it's pitiful that I'm just getting around to getting a proper set-up. But let's just be happy that I am getting one...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Introducing...MY Etsy!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Now featuring SOCK MONKEY AND SEA TURTLE beads!

....and now with Hot Steeeeenking Peppers!!!

...and Muggle Made Sorting Hats