View Single Post
Old 2014-02-20, 10:31am
Glass Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass butterfly View Post
The colors on the Frantz paddles are a lovely turquoise with some reddish streaks for the Rogue and all I can get is yucky grey. I tried it on my HHS and on my minor and both produced yucky. Unfortunately, sine it was such a prett color I bought at least one pound of it Also the Woody paddle shows a pretty brown but all I can get is grey yuck. I no longer trust new Effetre colors since the paddles and what I get are two different colors. Anyone have any better results with these two colors? Lydia
Rogue is a greyish blue with very thin occasional veins of golden tan and rusty orange/red.... it is predominantly a neutral grey blue.... but since I do wildlife work I like it for being more neutral.

Green Cave ROCKS!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this color! It looks like a two-tone rod but what you will get is the richest earthy moss green with darker green webbing and veining. DO NOT USE RAKU ON THIS COLOR. All you'll get is dark sludge.

50 Shades- it doesn't bubble when heated or over heated... I sculpted with it and got ocher-grey-tan out of it and that was it. BUT it does look great as a base for some of AvenueBeads.com "Fire Sage" frit!

Woodie & Dark Walnut- I sculpt with both of those and use them for Caribou and Grulla colored horse beads... it is a mouse grey brown color.

Cocoa Bean- milk chocolate brown with a reddish blush here and there.

I buy most of the new odd-lot colors of the Effetre colors, especially if they are in the earthy palette that I can either use to sculpt wildlife or use as a tab base bead for the animals. Most colors I have a use for and use them

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.