View Single Post
Old 2013-02-17, 10:10am

As an innocent bystander here, AND someone who has a M-20 on order - AND this is only my second post...I can assure you I have no ties with Jack. My DH bought me the M-20 for Christmas and it was ordered on Dec. 15. I called and talked with someone at UO before I purchased, and did quite a bit of research. I bought tons of glass many years ago, and tried to make beads, but was unsuccessful and got very frustrated and packed everything up. I pulled all of my glass "stuff" out, kiln, presses, etc. and fired up the HH. I've been PPP now since spring, but I'm only able to play when the weather cooperates because I'm outside right now. When I ordered the M-20 there was a plain statement right on the first page about wait time - 8 to 12 weeks. It will be 12 weeks on March 15. I called last week and spoke with Jack and he told me they were working on the December orders now. So...I am hopeful to get my Oxycon very soon so I can start to "try" and make beads with some - I won't say better because there are some truly awsome beads made on a HH - I will just say different equipment. I also got a Mini cc. As a LONG time collector of beads, I am in hopes that I will be able to create some that I will consider acceptable, as my quality control is very agressive...I know, I am harder on myself than perhaps others, but that's just me. I can perhaps see both sides of this argument, but I just want to say that it's nice to read posts when someone is very happy with customer service. We all have problems from time to time, and that's unavoidable. I will post again when my M-20 arrives. I might even post a bead when I can make one that's worthy of all the beauties in this site. I am forever in awe of the creations. OK...slam away...I have very thick skin, but this is JMHO. I like purchsing from family businesses, and even pay more for my meds due to supporting my local pharmacy. I am for keeping the small business - IN BUSINESS, and I was and am willing to wait for the best item, IMHO, for myself. Lots of harsh words here, none from me though. I am just proud we are allowed to ALL be free to post our opinions, as other places are not.