View Single Post
Old 2012-03-25, 4:34am
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

I have to insulate it, or it will be useless 6 months out of the year. It gets COLD here in the winter. I had discount cards for Lowes that were expiring today, and we were actually in the process of buying parts for the shedio project when I got the call that they want to set it up this week! One of the things I learned on the shopping expedition is that not all florescent lights will work in sub-freezing temperatures - who knew?

Anyway, so far I have:
6 sheets of 3/4" plywood for lofts and workbenches - 1 "good" sheet to surface the long workbench, cheaper stuff for lofts and torch bench, since it's getting covered anyway.
24 2x4s for supports under the lofts and framing in the work benches, shelves, fans, etc.
2 4' florescent fixtures and daylight bulbs for them
1 gallon of dark gray porch and deck enamel - very first step is 2 coats of paint on the floor
Ventilation fan is on order, 2nd day delivery - that's a pretty early step in the process.
6 pieces of vinyl fence rail to make glass storage with
THIS glorious piece of storage - 504 drawers in a 2x2' footprint!
4 magnetic bar tool holders

Repurposing:
Craftsman stacking toolbox unit
Rolling metal cart - currently using it for my torch table; repainted and touched up it will house my kiln and crockpot. That way I can roll it out of the way when I have a guest at the second torch.
Big vintage metal trash can
Drafting table currently taking up way too much space in my sewing room
some vintage wooden stools - one from my Grandma's kitchen that I've cherished since I could walk, one from our original kitchen.
White board from my office
Ott light floor lamp that just won't work in my living room.

Plus I have a whole "hope chest" tote full of storage bins and baskets, decorative stuff, etc.

TONS still to buy, but until we could actually see the barn and get measurements - and until we can use it immediately, not have it in damp storage - we didn't want to pick up the peg board, paneling, insulation, etc etc etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
L-111

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.