View Single Post
Old 2008-10-15, 8:28pm
giggety-giggety

I've pm'd Candice and she thought 2 foot tubing would be the ideal length. Since the tutorial is still a work in progress I will do a little detective work on packaging supplies (preferably those provided by the Post Office for free) and try to give a couple cost estimates based on different amounts of glass ordered. I am more than happy to do this but have seen and read many a thread about people offering to do something with good intentions and then have it head south. I love it here and don't want people mad at me. I ship things from my website already (including neon signs) and have several sources for packaging material-I just need this to be streamlined for your happiness and my sanity. I guess if you would like me to keep you updated I can post my findings in this thread (unless I'm not supposed to) but also please pm me so I can keep a list. I'm thinking in the end I will have several choices (maybe a sample pack and then a package based on the size and amount of tubing you would like). To my knowledge the clear tubing is one flat rate per pound-you just get more tubing per pound of the smaller diameter. Make sense? I'll probably do payments through Paypal.

I stock the following tubing millimeters in clear but have access to ordering larger tubing. 5mm (teeny tiny-maybe fun for mini blown earrings?), 7mm (pendants?), 9mm, 10mm, 11mm, 12mm, 13mm, and 15mm. Remember this isn't boro so isn't as durable when dropped. When I use this glass for my neon work it isn't shocky at all, melts like "butta" (unless the end wasn't scored right). I too use a file to score and snap for different lengths (9" bastard file).

My etsy:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.