View Single Post
Old 2017-03-04, 11:04am
Flame Dames Rule!

I started 20 years ago on a Nortel Minor burner and still use mine as backup, and select it at class venues if they have one. Nice torch to teach with.

But switched to a Nortel Mega Minor - not much more expensive, and a bit hotter. Nice little torch. I work with 104 glass.

If you think you'll play with boro, the Mini CC is hotter and would work well with 104 and smaller boro work. I don't use it because it has more peripheral (side) heat than the Nortel's, but that can be an advantage for some work. It's just my preference.

Is there anyplace you can go to test torches before you buy?

If you could, I *highly* recommend the ISGB Gathering in Las Vegas at the end of the month. There's an open torch event and you could try out a lot of varieties and maybe even buy what you want at the vendor event.

edited to add: If you're going to do hollow functional pieces, a hotter/more powerful torch would be better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sharon Peters
New Bead Display Stands Available - pm me!

Specializing in Critters and Puns and other Cool Stuff...

Last edited by SharonP; 2017-03-04 at 11:07am.