View Single Post
Old 2012-05-07, 4:46am

All I can say is that I totally love my Bravo! It is a great torch, and a great buy for the $$$. It gives me 100% of tanked performance off three M-15's (so much so that I sold my tanks when I moved as I really don't need them at all anymore).

And although the "softer" flame takes a bit of getting used to, it actually heats really effectivly but it seems to do so by surrounding the flame all around the glass instead of driving the flame into the glass as a GTT does. Not sure there is much actual performance difference, just two different approaches.

One thing I really like is I can go from a massive heat it up fast flame to a tiny pinpoint flame and still maintain any flame chemistry I like. In my experience this was harder to do on the GTT torches which do not seem to be as happy with a tiny flame.

The other big thing I like is the robustness of the torch construction. The Bravo is a massive, heavy solid metal piece which seems pretty indestructible. Whereas the GTT is much lighter and more fragile.

Not slamming GTT at all, they are great torches. But for me, the Bravo gives me more for less dollars, and is more bulletproof. But your milage may vary

If you want more details you can search for some of my other threads about the bravo - they have pix and detailed information based on my experiences to date.

Erik