View Single Post
Old 2013-09-14, 2:28pm
TJ

Hmmm. Thanks for the input... sounds like no one definable thing to correct.

Caliente, My torch is on gas too. Hubby says we are 1000 feet higher elevation than you, would that make a difference?
Also, is your gas .25 pressure! like mine?

Amorphous, I saw that holding tank idea as well. But my interpretation of that is that it merely "saves up" so extra oxygen if you are running a smaller torch that you sometimes run full blast but run mostly very low. When you then turn it up, it uses that reserve. But my torch is more full blast/ high most of the time, not doing beads. I do not know if I understand that correctly, but thats what I THINk, anyways.

Sharon, did you ever find out why one torch breathed and the other did not?

Lorraine, I am going to try removing my baffles and see if that makes a difference in the flame blowing around

Read somewhere that the breathing flame may also be a result of not enough makeup air coming in. Will try opening the window just to check but most of the yr it is too cold outside for that to be a solution, so if that is it I will have to enlarge the makeup air duct (as I know it should have been anyways).

Anyone else have an idea?
My Mission and metier: to mindfully and meticulously master the movement of marvelous molten, both mentally and manually, in order to metamorphosis a melting mass into meretricious, memorable makings.