View Single Post
Old 2008-02-09, 1:25pm
hi ho hi ho its off to ..

Smile

This thread gave me a v8 moment ... I made a mandrel to make tacks with heres the result ... the nails are what I had in the shop they are 1/6" x 1" (and rusty) I'll have to get some new ones before I make more tacks ... I phoned my local industrial fastener supply and they are available in stainless steel, he did not know the price off hand but guessed around $10 a Lb that would be about 1500 nails ... when he gets back to me on price I'll let you know ... the next mandrel head I will make shorter, this one is 2" long and throws off the balance and the 1/8" stainless mandrel does not need to be removeable, the nail is held in place with a set screw that can be loosend with an allen wrench and just droped into the kiln for annealing.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
People who call me weird think I should take it personally. if you really want to upset me you should call me normal !!!

on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.