View Single Post
Old 2008-02-09, 4:40pm
hi ho hi ho its off to ..

Storm

Victrola needles are just plain steel and will rust thats why they used to be kept in a felt lined box to keep the damp away

I just reread this post and realized I came off as really condiscending, I did not mean it that way I'm sorry.

What I do mean is that no steel is rust proof some just rust slower than others. Even stainless steel will rust, a lot slower than regular carbon steel but it will rust, until you get into the stainless blends that the areospace industry uses that cost thousands of dollars per lb there is no steel that will not rust.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
People who call me weird think I should take it personally. if you really want to upset me you should call me normal !!!

on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Mark Parkinson; 2008-02-10 at 9:15am. Reason: trying to rephrase properly