View Single Post
Old 2008-08-05, 10:16am
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherena View Post
This might have been an informative thread for others, yet again...senseless denouncing and vituperation has taken over.

I wonder if consumers will ever get to see feedback from a strictly consumers standpoint.

I have been following the countless threads on the Oxygen Concentrators. I have been in the market for one to purchase for the last year. I am taking my time trying to decide on what I should purchase and from which vendor, I am interested in user reviews, as to help me make an informed decision. Reading threads like this has made me shy away from making a purchase from any one vendor for any particular concentrator.

When I buy any new piece of equipment or tool that is of any significant value I like to read non-biased reviews. For example - on buying a new SLR camera I read many reviews from various sources. I valued the user reviews. I never once saw the vendors offer their point of view or offer advice while reading "user review" sections. Another example - When we bought tools to renovate our house, we read reviews and made our decision based on the information of other peoples experience with those specific tools. I am sure the examples could go on.....

Do you read reviews from the manufacturers and vendors of cars when you are looking to buy one? or do you like to hear and read what other people have to say about the car without biased input???

As there is no place yet other than Forums to gain information from users of specific Oxygen concentrators and how they would review them, this is probably a good of venue to start in.

Maybe someone (non-vendor specific) could make a webpage, list the oxygen concentrators out there that are in use by the lampworking community and have it enabled so that users can write reviews and rate the oxygen concentrators.

Understanding how others are using the oxygen concentrators, what torch they are using, how long they have been using the concentrator for and the reliability issue - is valuable information for everyone.
This sounds like a fantastic idea!

I'm just as tired of the negativity as everybody else. My apologies to you and everybody who has had to try and sort things out. It really shouldn't be this hard to figure out what will suit your needs. As far as I'm concerned, there really isn't a wrong choice. There's pros and cons to every concentrator on the market. I hope everybody finds something they are happy with.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley