View Single Post
Old 2019-11-30, 8:12am
Phill

You should probably think about paying for a consultation with an HVAC contractor.

MOST of them are not familiar with what you need and will not build you anything or run any fuel lines for you because their insurance companies won't allow them to.
If something goes wrong they don't want to get sued by your home owners insurance company.

You don't have a location listed so it's not possible to point you to any bead makers groups.

Where did you get your hothead from? Maybe that would be a source for some knowledge.

You local fire department could be a source as well.

Do you have any books yet? "Passing The Flame" is a good one that comes to mind.

Have you done the YouTube search thing to see what kind of details you can find there?

It really is a lot like learning to drive a car; There are a metric ton of details that you are going to have to get familiar with and if your eyes are glazing over then you need to take smaller bites and just try to digest one point at a time.

As for the details of your ventilation system, you only have to learn it all once for your given situation, torching plans, budget and time available.

Just how addicted to glass are you so far?
Would you say you are $200 a year addicted? $1000?

How much time do you plan on spending melting glass?
10 hours a week? A month? A day?

You only have to get it right once.
But you have to get it right, at least for your current circumstances.

When I was trying to learn what I know now I got into the habit of highlighting chunks of important information and copying it over to a draft Email that I saved with the subject line marked "Glass".
Then I could come back to that chunk once the 'glazed eyes' went away and reread it over and over until I understood everything in it.
That reduced the need to hunt things up again and again.

Just, please, remember that there is a reason why there are laws about not storing more than one or two 1 pound cans of fuel inside your house.
It can void you home owners insurance coverage even if the larger fuel tank is not involved with what ever accidents happen, like a tree falling on your roof.
And insurance companies hunt for reasons to refuse claims with every effort they can muster.

Last edited by Speedslug; 2019-11-30 at 8:16am.