View Single Post
Old 2007-08-02, 9:01am

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaD View Post
I would wait to buy. Carlisle is coming out with another torch soon. That's all I can say and I am not associated with them..! But you may want to see it first! Hmmm, I wonder if it will be at the Gathering??!!
The HellCat is the new torch that Paula is mentioning. We did have it at the open torch at the Gathering. As most of my experience is with Boro, I can say that it has a very powerful flame that pours on a ton of heat with a great atmosphere for color work. Neutral, Reducing, and Oxidizing are all easy to get with very little effort.

The centerfire is the same as a Mini CC, so if you know that torch, the HellCat will be very easy to work with as only the addition of the outerfire will be new to you.

As for soft glass, we did have Brad Pearson come and work with the torch quite a bit. He brought turquoise, black and white in morretti to test the torch. His findings were that the torch ran cool in the body the whole time, he made a large over 2" diameter marble in very short order, found more heat than he expected (even burning through a stainless steel punti by accident), but the nicest part is even with all that heat, the white and black did not bleed into each other and the turquoise stayed true with no reduction or pitting.

Hope that helps. The torch is similar to the Cuda and the Bullet Burner in size , but everyone that has tried the HellCat and uses either the Cuda or the Bullet has told me that they did prefer the HellCat's soft flame as compared to other models.

Price wise, the HellCat has an MSRP of $845, which I think is a little more than the Bullet and a little less than the Cuda.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-always a sale and new items to check out!
East coast supplier of colored glass rod in 104 and 33, tools, torches, gloves, and everything else a flameworker needs
Where LE users receive 15% off glass, and 10% on everything else, every day all year long!