View Single Post
Old 2006-02-28, 10:35am
Safety ALWAYS

What binkster said...that flame is not right.

On the "tinking" sound...all of my beth's tink when they are cooling down and occasionally in the early stages of running during the heat up period. This is normal expansion and contraction of the different metals used in the torch body and jets. Nothing to worry about UNLESS it is a very LOUD POINK and you hear a tinkling sound like something just broke and fell on the table top.

But that flame is just plain bad...generally speaking, in my opinion, of all the torches I've ever seen running, the center cone is usually only about 1/3 to 1/2 taller than the surrounding cones. Yours is at least twice and this is not good. I'd strongly recommend you send that picture to Bethlehem to show them what you mean. I think they will agree it's bad and exchange the torch for you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chaotic Glass: Safety for the glassworker, and random thoughts and opinions on the state of the glassworking world
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.