View Single Post
Old 2008-04-05, 6:20am

"Hobbies" are NOT CHEAP.
Knitting/fiber works--some yarns are now $10 or more a skein. (freaked me right out!)
Painting--Good quality paints & canvasses & even those little boxes people paint on--again, not cheap (my mother does the sale thing for her paints for doing those silly floral paint things
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
Wood & metal for sculpture--have you priced steel or lumber lately? Check out prices @ your local hardware store & ask them what their WEEKLY shipments look like & how often they're having to change tags because of the changes in inflation & what it's costing them to get their shipments & what cost of goods is! Then talk to the guys buying the stuff off the shelves--they're freaking out DAILY & they need the stuff for "real jobs" like construction & auto repair, etc!
(Plumbing supplies are going up too--because of the petroleum products in the plastics...ditto on the lightbulbs & anything *else* in glass--it's not just "our" glass! Little independent hardware stores are having to change their tagging on nearly a weekly basis right now...it's either that or lose money on every item they order--and who can afford that & stay in business?)

~luna
eating ramen noodles & making choices about what I can afford, when I can afford it & how to pay for it
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies