View Single Post
Old 2013-05-05, 5:02pm

Mary,
I will try it with just one row of petals. A big part of my problem is struggling to control the heat on tiny stringers with the Cheetah, and ending up with really globby, shapeless lines. I've only been using it for a few weeks and I was on the Lynx for 8 years before that. If I get really determined I will re-attach the Lynx and have a go. Really wishing for torch-side quick connects.
It occurred to me that I might try it as an implosion on a bubble. That allows for a lot more real estate. Does anyone do it that way, or is the effect all about the compression? Also wondering if you go for a particularly thin or thick maria.
Well I should just go find out for myself, huh? Off to try both ways...right now! And thanks for the color tip, I just so happen to have Loki's and Violet Hue on my bench right now, for a little while longer at least.
I'm guessing the "bleed" I was referring to must come from layering one line of stringer over the other, and it is just part of the magic that happens with boro - why we love it so much. And it is probably about experimenting and practicing until you hit on the right color recipes.
Deb - I love the MC Escher twisty florals! It almost looks like infinity loops piled on top of each other. And the realistic flowers are really impressive. I almost never get that intentional in my approach. I tend to just "throw color at the canvas".
I will post some pictures in the near future of tonight's effort.
Thank you for your suggestions.
Martha