View Single Post
Old 2017-04-27, 4:33pm
Alaska Boro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Beads View Post
Alaska - may I ask where you got your booster? I'm going to natural gas this summer and have a Scorpion but may sell it and buy a Cricket since I use the inner fire only about 95% of the time.

I was told NG household pressure was 2 psi, maybe it varies by location?
Give this link a try:

(http://gas-tec.com/torchboosters.html)

Gas Tec make a number of NG boosters. They are not inexpensive. They may have some refurbished units available for less cost. Phone and ask.

Check the regulator on your NG meter for pressure. It is often stated in WC or water column and posted on the end cap on some systems. Then use the net for a conversion of WC to PSI. If the WC is 6.5 - 7.5 then the PSI ranges from .23 to .27 PSI.

NG firms often will not increase the pressure as it is an increased liability. The more pressure the more volume of gas should a leak occur. A commercial factory, etc often has a greater WC than a home. But policies vary from location to location.

Also if pressure is moved up, one has to consider the replacement of all appliance gas regulators that had inputs in the .2 PSI range.

One very general test would be to test the torch with propane. Run at 5 PSI and then reduce to .2 - .5 PSI. Readjust oxygen for the proper flame at the various fuel pressures.