View Single Post
Old 2014-08-10, 3:53pm
Molten Glass Addict

Question New temp controller question

Hello everyone. Just got my first ever temperature controller hooked up and there is about a 40 degree range as it cycles during the soak time. As the relay(?) is turning the kiln on and off the temp varies by up to 40 degrees (sometimes more). Is that normal? So, at a 960 degree soak, the temp ranges from 940 to 980.

As it ramps down the range is closer to 20 degree differences between the on/off cycles.

I hope I explained this correctly. I'm a little confused with all the terminology.

Thanks, looking forward to finding out what is going on. I've been reading threads for hours, and my eyeballs hurt. lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
< me in my younger days

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
< me now days

< me after a pomegranate rum slushie