View Single Post
Old 2018-06-27, 4:23pm

I've found this chart I copied from the TMP site useful for encasement/murrine work.
http://www.talkglass.com/forum/showt...ne+Color+chart Under the first post click on the " MurrineColorChart-4.pdf " link and it will take you to the PDF file.

Most of the boro glass makers products are compatible with each other though there are some that do have problems being incased. As mentioned before a lot of the greens will cause cracking when encased but not all of them as you can see by the green stems on flower implosions.
Also some of the reds, oranges, blacks, whites, etc, the Cadmium colors will boil if worked to hot in the beginning. They must be worked further out in the cooler part of the flame to start with and can be brought into the hotter flame after they become red hot.
As for glass companies I mainly use Glass Alchemy, NorthStar, and Momka. There are quite a few other companies out there now and more popping up all the time though. Some of the smaller companies are making really nice colors but they are not cheap.
I tend to shy away from Chinese glass because I have problems with it cracking and breaking more often than not. Though it's most likely due to my not taking the time to learn how to work it as I see other folks using it all the time with good success.
Simax is the best clear glass for me, though I use Schott clear for most non optical things.
That's all for now.

Last edited by Shaper; 2018-06-29 at 11:37am.