View Single Post
Old 2008-08-28, 8:39am
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam View Post
And so the trend continues.

Sorry, Brent, but I think it's been quite a while since I spoke harshly about UO. I met and spoke with Jack at the Gathering and he seems to be a really nice guy. Even he admitted at the beginning the UO concentrators were having major problems. I think he is making every effort to produce a quality product now and I have heard of very few problems with his later machines.

Do I still believe that fundamentally it is a flawed design to rig a machine to produce more than it should? Yes, and that opinion on my part came from discussions with five different engineers who each said that the lifespan of the units would be shortened drastically, and feedback from users who purchased the units when they were first produced. What Jack is doing now with the units, I don't know, but the feedback among many who are using the newer units has definitely improved.

As far as you go, Brent, I think you are a very talented artist who speaks passionately about whatever it is he believes in. Sometimes I agree with those opinions and sometimes I don't. It would be a very sad and uninformed world if everyone agreed about everything all the time.
I think we're all pretty passionate... heck, we're artists. It just kinda gets my goat when a pot calls the kettle black. We should all be allowed to speak our minds and support what we believe in. I support UO because I've tested them... tested them HARD! I'm not sure what tests the engineers you spoke to have done and maybe they're just guessing about what these mods are... nobody but Jack really knows what they are doing to these machines to increase their output and I doubt he's going to broadcast his trade secrets for review. Jack is a really nice guy. He's never denied the problems they've had along the way and he is constantly making improvements. That's all my argument has been all along.

and since Kimberly's data has been called into the discussion, let's look at that for a moment. No, I'm not going to tear it apart. I'm going to assume it's right for the purpose of a little comparison. She has said the M-15 puts out good purity at 6 LPM... Ok, so two M-15s would be around $1200 (give or take) delivered to the US and according to her numbers, they will give you 12 LPM at @15 PSI. That is still more flow and pressure than a Regalia and you've got about $300 left over to spend on glass... or maybe a tank of gas... so even with those lower flow rates, UO is still a better deal. I know mine perform better than 6 LPM, but hey, worst case scenario... UO still makes sense.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley