View Single Post
Old 2008-08-28, 12:05pm
PyronamixK

You know, I have been staying out of this thread because it requested that no vendors participate, but this post that I am about to address has now dragged me into it. I am going to respond - I can't not respond to this. I hope everyone understands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgurden View Post
it really looks like good ol boy was fishing for mr smiley. he put the bait out there and waited to see if he would respond.
I don't know whether Good 'ol Boy was baiting anyone, or not. He could have just as easily been baiting me as any other concentrator vendor.

But, boy, your post sure seems like it is baiting me. I'm going to address it, anyway.

Quote:
i did buy my m15 from mr smiley and he was great. my concentrator did have a problem with the area where you attached your hose and it was taken care of. i am not a vendor. i like my m15.
I think it's great that you like your M-15, bgurden. No one, myself included, has ever told anyone that they should not like their M-15s if they are doing what they should be doing.

All I have ever insisted is that people educate themselves to what is out there and what they can reasonably expect.

I first reported my experience(s) with UO before I was ever a vendor. My opinion did not change once I became a vendor (and it would not change if I were to no longer be a vendor, either). If anything, over the passage of time, I have seen more complaints, several of which were very similar to mine. When I have related this (my experience and the others), I have also included the statement that I am aware that other people have had different experiences from me. I thought that I had made that clear.

Quote:
i have looked at the regalia but do not want to spend almost twice as much to get a product that is pretty similar to the m15.
The M-15 is NOT similar to the Regalia. They are completely different machines and the difference is more than one is new and one is not.

Quote:
i know the regalia is new and it is digital but why buy a caddy when the chevy works just fine.
If you were indeed comparing a Cadillac to a Chevrolet, then well, that's your opinion and everyone has one. But, like I said, the differences are more than that.

Even still, if you like your M-15, and it does what you want, more power to you. Enjoy it in good health.

Quote:
i suspect the markup on the regalia is at least double the wholesale cost.
I sure wish that that were the case - I'd be rich! Just curious, what do you think the mark-up is on the UO units? Before you answer, I should let you know that I have a distributor price list.

Quote:
its marketed to those who want the 'best" product and all posts by the vendor who sells it is aimed at discrediting the m15. i think the reason why=major competition.
First of all, my posts are not all aimed at discrediting the M-15. I have hundreds of posts regarding concentrators - thousands on this and other forums in regards to torch set-ups and torches. My posts that discuss the M-15 are aimed at dispelling rumors and myths and getting down to the truth of what they really are and what they really do. If after knowing what they really are and what they really do, someone makes the decision to purchase one, then at least they are making an educated choice. I'm not against people buying M-15s, I just want them to make an informed decision.

Secondly, I am not motvated by competition to dispell these rumors and myths. Misinformation affects me, but not for reasons of competition. I don't want someone to purchase a machine that should be doing one thing to be (1) disillusioned about all concentrators, or (2) think that their torch is faulty when the set-up does not perform as promised. That is not the case with all M-15s, but it has been the case with enough of them to cause me concern.

As for what I have reported from my analyzer project, it is scientific data. It is not my personal opinion, but rather measurements that have been gathered by myself and other people. Why would I post false data if someone else could use the same tools to disprove it?